The old adage, “if you don’t know where you are going, any path will get you there” rings true for evaluating an advisor’s results for your family. It’s amazing that as we run into prospective clients, there is little or no communication initiated from their advisor and too often, they lack any clear means of determining how they’re doing for them.
- Is there a written Investment Policy Statement outlining your investment objectives, risk tolerance (quantified by allowable declines), appropriate asset allocation parameters and rebalancing strategies? This is how expectations can be communicated and results measured.
- For goal planning, have date and dollar specific goals been set for things like retirement, college funding, travel expenses, home remodel, new car etc.?
- How often is your risk assessed and do they provide regular rebalancing of your portfolio mix based on changing market conditions?
- Do they provide regular, periodic reviews to determine if you are on track to achieve your goals with net performance information for your portfolio returns?
- Do they have a support team so that there’s always someone to address your concerns or questions if the lead advisor is not available?
- Along with that, what’s their response time in replying to questions and any follow ups?
With our wealth management services at Fleishel Financial Associates, we provide regular progress reports to determine if you are on track to achieve your goals. It’s the achievement of your goals that determines if you’ve made smart choices with your money. Other ways we track progress are tax dollars saved, risks reduced, estate planning completion and improved cash flow among others. Our support team is here to help.
Contact us today for a no-obligation, confidential Second Opinion of your portfolio.